Pages

Saturday, December 17, 2016

Holes in My Loom Knit Cables

Wow, so I tried to get started on a black cable scarf for my husband a couple nights ago, and I cannot, for the life of me, figure out how to make these cable without giant holes in them! I was trying to do a four stitch cable, and I tried everything to get rid of these holes. I must have restarted the project from the beginning at least four times over the last couple days. I would be okay with small holes, but these holes are huge! The point of the scarf is to keep his neck warm. It won’t do that if it is full of holes (I know, I am being dramatic, but I can stick my fingers through them!).
I did some searching online, and I followed a few different sets of instructions, and I still end up with holes. After reading some forum posts, it sounds like some people just accepted that there will be holes with their cables, and I cannot believe this to be true. I am going to continue searching for a way to make cables on my loom. A way that does not involve pretending that there are not holes in my knitting.
 

If you know of a way, please share it! If I find a way, I will update this post. Check out the size of these holes!



No comments:

Post a Comment